Creating the digipak
To start creating my digipak, I first asked Anshrah to send me pictures of herself and then selected the one that best matched the dreamy, nostalgic vibe I was going for. I decided to use this image for the front cover. Using Canva, I removed the background of the image and duplicated it three times. I then layered the images on top of each other, adjusting the opacity and size of each one. The largest version had the lowest opacity, the second was slightly smaller with a bit more opacity, and the final image was the smallest and at full opacity. This created a soft, echo like effect which made the image feel more emotional and memory based, fitting the theme of my project.
For the background, I chose a muted light purple design with faint clouds and stars. I felt this matched the overall aesthetic and added to the dreamy, almost surreal feel of the digipak.
For the back cover, I used the same background to keep the design consistent. In the centre, I added the tracklist from Lorde’s EP. I also included my Arsh Studio logo, along with a barcode to make it look more realistic. On the other side, I created a custom QR code in a purple tone so it would match the overall colour scheme. This QR code links directly to my music video on YouTube, making the digipak interactive as well.
For the CD design, I used a still from my music video showing a close-up of Anshrah’s eye. In the pupil, there is already a photo gallery overlay from the video, so I felt this image worked really well symbolically as it represents memories and reflection, which are key themes in my project.
Finally, for the inner panel, I used another still from the music video where Anshrah and Rameen are standing in front of a window, shown only as silhouettes while pillow fighting. I added a vignette effect around the image to make it feel more focused and slightly nostalgic.





Comments
Post a Comment